In this article we’ll be discussing the best 185 70 14 tires in two categories. The first is year-round, for those who like to get some real mileage out of their tires (pun very much intended). The second is purely winter 185 70r14 tires. For those of you who live in more extreme regions when it comes to winter.
Top 3 All-Season 185 70 14 Tires
1. Bfgoodrich Advantage T/A (Most consistent Year-rounder)
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”300″ identifier=”B00D8X2CFM” locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/51xbqT2FZmL.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”300″]
This tire has a lot of great features. BFGoodrich are great at making generalized tires. This one is no exception, featuring design benefits to durability, performance and safety.
- Enthusiast Standard Handling, making every ride a joy ride all year.
- Optimized water evacuation, for increased safety on wet roads.
- ETEC Reinforcement system, which greatly enhances durability.
The Advantage tire does seem to have a lot going for it, but it does seem to be biased to warmer climates with a more rigid and firm compound in comparison to lighter compounds found in winter tires. Still a good year-round piece, as long as the winter isn’t too harsh.[easyazon_link identifier=”B00D8X2CFM” locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
2. Laufen G FIT AS (Best Luxury year-rounder)
Laufen aren’t exactly celebrities in the tire world, but that doesn’t mean they don’t do a great job. These tires scream reliability and luxury. Here’s why.
- Decent Performance in snow, wet and dry conditions. Versatile, I like it.
- Longer than average tread life, making them more worthwhile in the long run
- Quite Ride. Luxurious, right?
The cons with this guy tend to revolve around it being more of a luxury piece than a performance piece. On a Rolls-Royce? Yes. Lamborghini? No.
3. Goodyear Assurance All-Season (Best Distance Travel Year-rounder)[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”300″ identifier=”B011O4AWR6″ locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/51m1jGKYOL.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”300″]
Here we have your entry-level passenger tire from Goodyear. Their standard of entry-level is a cut above most. Goodyear stakes their reputation on every single tire and this one is no exception. With a long-lasting guarantee, you can’t go too far wrong.
- 65,000 mile guarantee, which leads one to believe that these are great tires for an America wide (or long) road trip.
- Great water evacuation, for extra grip and avoidance of aquaplaning
- Year-round consistency, very hard to find.
There have been concerns raised about the effectiveness of this tire in harsher winter conditions. That being said, the reliability of these concerns has yet to be answered.[easyazon_link identifier=”B011O4AWR6″ locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
Top winter 185 70r14 Tires
1. Firestone Winterforce (Most Versatile Winter Tire)
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”300″ identifier=”B002C86QEC” locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/51aTZisPVxL.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”300″]
These tires have something a lot of other tires don’t. The ability to mix and match. This mix and match-ability is very useful if you have some Firestone radials with the same composition. Firestone having this interchangeability is a great idea.
- This is always good if you’ve had some radials from Firestone.
- Dry, wet and snow terrain proficiency, making it versatile and adaptable.
- Twin steel belt for extra durability.
The interchangeability comes with a catch. If the tread is uneven between the new WINTERFORCE tires and your current radials, you may need to shave the WINTERFORCE tires so you can avoid drive line issues and damage.[easyazon_link identifier=”B002C86QEC” locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
2. Pirelli WINTER CARVING EDGE (Best Harsh Winter Tire)
These tires are optimized for ice performance mainly. Great for harsh conditions, making them a good choice for places like Alaska.
- Optimized handling and braking on ice
- Directional tread for lateral hold
- Acoustically comfortable, even with studs.
These tires are great for very icy conditions, but this diminishes their reliability in milder and warmer climates. But for their purpose, they’re great. If ice is a big problem where you are, a set of these could be a great solution for you.