In this article today we’ll be covering the best 225 45r18 tires for your ride in two different categories. The first is all-season, because an all-season tire tends to be the one of choice for the sake of less changes and saving money. But wait. When you see the summer tires in this article, you might think twice about opting for all-season only. We’ll be exploring the performance, traction, handling, utility and safety of these tires so you can decide what’s truly best for you.
Top 3 All-Season 225 45r18 Tires
1. Dunlop SIGNATURE HP[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”300″ identifier=”B013THCES6″ locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/51Jip9O6TML-1.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”300″]
Dunlop proves once again that safety and functionality can go hand in hand with this top level piece. There’s a luxurious feel to this model with the ride quality that comes along with the functionality.
- The Signature HP has an epic performance rating. A great all-season radial tire.
- Even tread-wear is a feature often sought out as uneven tread-wear can cause drivetrain issues.
- Performs in the winter, which is quite the quality to have for an all-season
The cons for this tire seem to be the lack of summer performance when compared to winter performance.[easyazon_link identifier=”B013THCES6″ locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
2. Continental CONTIPROCONTACT SSR[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”300″ identifier=”B00E5ATOCG” locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/613ilAElnRL-1.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”300″]
All-season run-flats are always useful. Being stuck on the side of the road is never fun and this tire makes that horrible experience a thing of the past.
Continental isn’t incredibly well known for their run-flats, but that doesn’t make it less than brilliant.
- Run-flat for avoiding the need for road-side assistance as often.
- Hydroplaning resistance along with great wet traction.
- Reinforced sidewalls to support the weight of the car if the tire fully deflates.
Not officially a run-flat because the distance and speed requirements needed by the industry just aren’t there, such a shame.[easyazon_link identifier=”B00E5ATOCG” locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
3. Toyo PROXES A20
Toyo doesn’t tend to feature on best tire reviews too much these days. They’re underrated in my book because they may not have the best tires to go on a geared out muscle car, but they make great tires for regular people with normal cars.
- Low rolling resistance means lower fuel bill.
- Good breaking in dry and wet conditions, always handy.
- Above average level of water evacuation
- There have been reports of loud ride noise. Other than that, it’s a good all-round all-season tire. More than suitable for a normal car being driven normally though.
Top 3 Summer 225 45r18 Tires
1. Dunlop DIREZZA ZII STAR SPEC
Dunlop has made a summer tire that doesn’t do too badly on the track. If you’re track racing with a cheaper car and you’re just starting out, this could be the tire for you. Once again Dunlop have made a safe tire with racing capabilities
- Great grip in dry conditions
- Strong centre for responsive handling
- Larger temperature range meaning that you haven’t got to worry as much about warming them up evenly and perfectly.
Definitely not a winter friendly tire, and make sure not to store it in or near below freezing temperatures.
2. Hankook VENTUS V12 EVO2[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”407″ identifier=”B011ACMJXM” locale=”US” src=”https://tiresplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/41N9EY9s3rL.jpg” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″ width=”185″]
Hankook went for both performance, comfort and economy with these tires. That’s a tall order, especially if they’re trying to compete with the big boys like Bridgestone and Michelin. They may well measure up.
- Brilliant traction and responsive handling in warm climates.
- Low roll-resistance for the sake of fuel economy. It means cheaper fuel bill.
- Great water evacuation thanks to lateral grooves in the tread.
Another not so winter friendly tire, with strict advice not to store in or below-freezing temperatures. Other than that though, they’ve made a tire that gets the job done.[easyazon_link identifier=”B011ACMJXM” locale=”US” tag=”rimswheelsnti-20″]Purchase Tire on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
3. Goodyear EFFICIENT GRIP RUNONFLAT
Goodyear has gone for complete functionality with this tire with just a hint of performance. This is a brilliant tire for the regular person. It provides a lot of utility. It’s a fuel saver and a run-flat.
- Low roll resistance, meaning it’s a money saver.
- Better mileage on a single tank.
- Compound includes a good amount of silica, the pliability of which is useful for traction.
This tire had so much time spent on designing it for the regular man, and there aren’t any reported faults that are easily found. Definitely a good get.