Today we’ll be exploring the possessed potential of different 215 45r17 tires in three different categories. For the generalists among you, we have the year-round tires. These tires tend to offer average performance year round, never having that amazing level of performance offered by specialist tires. Then, for the more performance driven we will also be covering summer and winter specialized tires to give you options for the coming season, and when you know what you want in advance it gives you time to shop around in advance. Remember, one 215/45r17 might suit you more than others.View All 215/45R17 Tires
All-Season 215 45r17 Tires
1. BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/SCompare Prices
The G-Force was developed for performance cars more than anything else. This includes your sports cars, coupes, performance sedans, and muscle cars. Enthusiastic performance when it comes to handling and breaking in the wet and even snow traction over the previous model.
- G-Control inserts improve ride comfort without compromising in handling.
- High silica compound to allow for flexible treat. Great for winter.
- Long tread-life compared to competitors in the same field.
Silica-heavy tires can be a godsend in the winter, in the summer it can cause consistency issues at higher speeds when it’s hot.Compare Prices
2. Firestone FR740Compare Prices
Firestone went for a high-performance, year-round piece. Some good handling, even in light snow make it desirable for those who have good summers and a milder winter with the occasional snowfall of a couple of inches max.
- Used as Original Equipment (O.E) which means they’re valued in industry.
- Capable in light snow, confident in summer.
The uncertainty behind these tires can be worrying. The lack of valuable information can cause concern if you’re in the market for a reliable fan favorite. Also, if you’re in anything more than light snow you could run into some trouble.Compare Prices
3. Goodyear Assurance Fuel MaxCompare Prices
If you’re looking for an entry-level passenger tire, look elsewhere. This tire prioritizes low-rolling resistance, which is always good news, but also puts a big emphasis on wet tractions. This is by no means a simple product, but that doesn’t mean it’s not simply brilliant.
- Low rolling-resistance, great for fuel efficiency.
- Great wet traction, good for wetter countries.
- Long tread-life thanks to the low roll-resistance.
Only certain sizes feature the Fuel Max Technology, which means if your size isn’t with it, then you’re not getting all this tire has to offer you. A shame.Compare Prices
Best Summer 215 45r17 Tire
Bridgestone Potenza RE71RCompare Prices
Beware, this tire is developed with serious drivers seriously powerful cars in mind. Apparently, this is Bridgestone’s fastest Department of Transportation legal radial tire. That’s right; they had to tone it back so it was legal. It’s that fast.
- Speed demons, this may well be your best friend.
- A tread-design that increases wet traction. It’s more than necessary with this tire.
- Even footprint, great for optimal rubber-to-road contact.
With great power and speed comes great responsibility. These tires are very fast and if caution isn’t exercised, you could hurt yourself or someone else. Be careful.Compare Prices
Winter 215 45r17 Tires
1. Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32Compare Prices
Consider this; the Blizzak LM-32 was originally designed for an Aston Martin before it became available in other sizes. Now consider that the tires originally designed for a luxurious high performance car can now be right at home on your performance car. Cool right?
- Polymer additives enhance traction in harsher climates.
- Cold, dry, wet and snow road terrain proficiency.
- Hydroplaning resistant tread
The concerns surrounding this tire tend to be centered toward how much snow it can take on the road. So long as snow isn’t too problematic where you live, it’s a great tire.Compare Prices
3. General Altimax ArcticCompare Prices
An entry level winter tire, this piece has 270 degree siping for extra traction in harsh conditions and water evacuation to avoid hydroplaning. A safer than usual tire and rather cheap that is definitely great for a run of the mill drives to work.
- 270 Degree siping for incredible traction in ice and snow.
- High level water evacuation to avoid hydroplaning
- Great level of traction in wet conditions
The good points of this tire leave out one key aspect for enthusiasts. This tire lacks the high performance longed for by a lot of hobbyist type drivers.Compare Prices