- Brilliant hydroplane resistance
- Top class traction in snow, slush and ice
- Solid grip and handling on wet surfaces
- Predictable steering and cornering in all winter conditions
- Wears a bit faster than expected
Do you need a set of dedicated winter tires that give you more control when driving in slush, snow, ice and other winter conditions?
Developed for the drivers of pickups, crossover and sport utility vehicles, the Blizzak DM-V2 is Bridgestone’s Light Truck/SUV Ice and Snow winter tire.
It combines outstanding snow, slush and ice traction with very good dry and wet handling and a quiet, comfortable ride.
There’s a reason the Blizzak DM-V2 ranks right at the top of its class
The tire is designed with a next generation NanoPro Tech multicell tread compound that soaks up water like a sponge and clears water away from the surface of the ice to prevent slippage and improve braking. And the Multicell compound stays flexible in below-freezing conditions to reclaim its high-levels of grip and handling. However, Bridgestone’s new NanoPro Tech Multicell compound only takes up the first 55% of the Blizzak DM-v2’s tread depth, while the remaining 45% features a standard winter tire compound. When 50% worn, a depth indicator that’s molded into the Blizzak DM-V2’s tread design alerts the driver that the remaining tread is approaching the end of its ability to provide reliable snow traction.
The tire’s unique Multi-cell compound removes the thin layer of surface water to improve grip on ice using millions of microscopic pores in the compound that soak up water like a sponge.
The compound, which is molded into a directional tread design, features 15% more block edges compared to the original DM-V1, which along with the tire’s 3-D and zig-zag sipes, enable the Blizzak DM-V2 to easily shear its way through snow and grip the road better in snow and slush. While circumferential grooves helps channel water out of the footprint area to improve resistance to hydroplaning. And the silica in the tread compound improves traction in wet conditions by increasing its flexibility in colder temperatures.
And to show it meets or exceeds the tire industry’s standards for severe snow service, the Blizzak DM-V2 carries the mountain/snowflake symbol.
The Blizzak DM-V2’s micro-texture pattern enables the tire to reach its optimal performance immediately upon first use. Whereas previous models required a break-in period before achieving optimal performance.
And due to uniform dispersion of pressure over the tire’s contact patch on the pavement, the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 provides improved grip on ice and better overall stability.
If you want to stay safe driving in the winter, you can count on the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2.
When winter is at its worst, you can depend on the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 to take you where you need to go safely. The DM-V2 is available in over 50 sizes ranging from 15 to 22 inches, and in speed ratings of S or T.
The only downside that can be found with the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 is the tread life, as the tire wears slightly faster than expected. But don’t let this put you off purchasing the Blizzak DM-V2. It’s still a phenomenal winter tire that offers some of the best all-round traction and handling in its class.
Be the first to leave a review.