- Versatile all round no brainer A/T tire
- More rubber for your money
- Aggressive sidewall
- Tough looking
- Extra cost for a proper wheel alignment when you fit these tires
- A little annoying with road noise
- Soft on gravel road
Looking to buy all terrain tires for your vehicle? All terrain tires are great for drivers who use their 4×4 or sports utility vehicle (SUV) both on and off road, offering great grip and a smooth ride. All terrain tires work well if your profession sees you traversing varied terrains, such as farmers or builders. They are also great for towing a caravan or horsebox or for outdoor leisure pursuits such as shooting or fishing.
All terrain 4×4 tires come with aggressive tread blocks to optimize traction, typically around 14mm, and provide great traction off-road and for hill climbing. Reinforced tread patterns and sidewalls make 4×4 all terrain tires great for off-road driving on all terrains, including gravel or mud. However, if you spend more time on road than off, then the Kumho Road Venture offers a great choice of all terrain tires perfect for your 4×4 vehicle.
What is Kumho Road Venture MT KL71?
The Road Venture MT KL71 is a light truck radial tire developed for the drivers who are looking for an Off-Road geared tire that offers exceptional traction while maintaining a quality ride on-road. The Road Venture MT KL71 is designed to combine exotic looks that are desired by many 4×4 and SUV owners, great off-road capabilities in larger rim diameter sizes.
- Two stage shoulder lugs with alternating ejectors for releasing self cleaning suction
- A compound that is cut and chip resistant molded into a directional tread pattern comprised of tightly packed center tread blocks with stepped edges. This improves on-road handling and noise control.
- Aggressive sidewall lugs- These wrap around the tire providing side traction that aids in deep mud and snow in addition to providing grip in ruts.
- The tire’s structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon to enhance high-speed stability and durability. In addition, the two polyester cord sidewall plies promote durability.
- Siped outer lugs provide traction in wet conditions and in snow.
This tire does not exactly give you very impressive grip and handling on dry bitumen. They are however very capable in the dry dusty red dirt of the back roads. You will also notice that they are a bit noisy on tarmac.
The handling and tread life of this tire on wet surfsce is somewhat disappointing. Although it is totally dependent on your driving habits, there have been cases of the tire requiring replacement with less than 12,000 miles on them.
The Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 is an alright tire for off-road driving. The truth is that it is just not really exceptional. There is an occasional fishtailing on gravel roads which causes massive wear on this tire. You might also get some stones stuck in the tire which will inevitably lead to flat.
We found the Kumho to tend to dig into snowy roads. The softer compound seems to make them wear quicker but they have excellent wet road grip and have self cleaning treads. They impressively push slush outwards maintaining grip you can use for towing in winter conditions.
The Bottom Line
If you want big fat looks for a smaller package then this is the tire for you. It is a bit of an underdog that doesn’t feature really glossily in magazines but it could get you around if you do not push it too hard. In all fairness, they work well for their price.
Be the first to leave a review.